|Posted on August 17, 2020 at 4:10 PM|
Clayton Community School Covid-19 Re-Opening Safety Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines
Drop Off/Pick Up Procedures:
• Upon dropping off or picking up, we request that only one person escort child to designated facility entrance. Parents will not be allowed to enter facility.
• No additional visitors will be allowed inside facility during hours of operation.
• Please call center from parking lot so that we can be ready to meet you at facility entrance.
• A teacher will meet you at the door. We ask that persons dropping off or picking up please wear a face covering, maintain social distance of 6 feet, and keep interactions as brief as possible.
• Upon arrival, accepting teacher will conduct visual wellness check will be conducted and relevant health questions may be asked. Teacher will be wearing mask and gloves. All children’s temperature will be taken with touchless thermometer by staff before entrance into facility is permitted. Children with temperature of 100.4F or higher will not be permitted to enter the center.
• We ask that you please not bring your child to daycare if they or any member of the family is exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19 or if they or any family has been exposed to someone with Covid-19 in the last 14 days.
• Please contact the center for any updates regarding Covid-19 exposure.
• Please do not bring your child to daycare if they or any family member has any signs or symptoms of any illness, including, but not limited to: fever, flushed cheeks, rapid breathing, or difficulty breathing (without recent physical activity), runny nose, coughing, fatigue, extreme fussiness. If we assess that your child is not well enough to attend, we will be unable to accept him/her into the program for the day.
• Student will also be expected to wash hands upon arrival and departure
• Sign In/Out station will be located outside designated central facility entrance (room 40). We ask that you please bring your own pen. Also, please call from parking lot so we can meet you at the door.
Health and Wellness Agreement – by bringing your child to Clayton Community School you acknowledge that your child does not exhibit any of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat. You also acknowledge that your child: has not had contact with someone with a conformed diagnosis of Covid-19; is not under investigation for possible Covid-19 infection; is not ill with respiratory illness; has not traveled internationally to countries with widespread, sustained community transmission in the last 14 days.
Once we are confident that we are able to accept your child, and you have verbally acknowledged the health and wellness agreement, your child will be escorted to their appropriate classroom for the day to where they will hang up any allowable personal items into their own designated space and then they will wash their hands. Only the children and teachers assigned to that classroom will be allowed to enter that classroom. The only items that may come from home are to be sealed in a labeled Zip-lock bag. Any changes of clothes or toys coming from home are not to be shared with other student.
• The tables in the classrooms have been separated and table spots will be assigned allowing for 1 to 3 students per table depending on the size of the table
• Available toys & manipulatives are located in separate bins/baskets/trays. When a child is done the item, they will be directed to place items on the cart labeled “used toys”. These toys will be disinfected by staff at the end of the day. They will be cleaned with soap and water and then sanitized with a bleach and water solution. The toys will be available for use the next day.
• We have posted signs throughout the center as visual reminders for children and staff to wash hands regularly, maintain 6 feet physical distance, and cough or sneeze etiquette: tissues for sneezing or blowing your nose and cough into sleeve elbow.
• All children will be rotated indoor and outdoor through the day. All indoor space will be cleaned and sanitized by staff before returning to their designated room.
• Children are invited to bring their own beach towel from home for use as a playmate to help encourage social distancing. Please take towel home daily to be sanitized.
• Children are permitted to bring scooters to be used during outdoor play. Please make sure to bring labeled helmet. These items can be left at the center for the week. Must be taken home on Friday. This equipment cannot be shared with other students.
• Children and teachers will wash hands with soap and water before transitioning outside.
• Each classroom will have their own outdoor play equipment which will be disinfected daily and will not be shared with other classrooms.
• All climbing and play structures are off limits until further notice.
• Children must follow social distancing while outdoors. Children will be allowed to play non-contact games and use non-shared equipment.
• When retuning indoors children and staff will wash hands with soap and water.
• Children 3rd Grade and up are required wear face masks or cloth covering while at the facility. 2nd Grade and lower are not required to wear face masks or cloth coverings. If you would like your child to wear these, please let us know. Rules regarding the use of mask requirements will be updated as new information becomes available.
• Please feel free to send a change of clothes in a labeled zip-lock bag to be left at the center in case they are needed.
• Your child will have an assigned storage bin, hook space, chair, and designated table spot.
• The center will provide age appropriate individual art and school supplies for each child that will remain at the center. You may bring your own supplies, in a labeled zip-lock-bag that can also be left at the center. (Crayons, pens, pencils, colored pencils, and/or glue stick, etc.)
• Siblings will be grouped and seated together.
Teachers and Staff:
• Will wear masks. Will also wear gloves as needed.
• Will take their own temperature prior to arrival at center and will stay home for a minimum of two days if they have a temperature of 100.4F or Higher.
• Will not come to work if they have any symptoms or exposure risks as listed on the Health and Wellness Checklist that you acknowledge daily for yourself and child.
• Will wash hands upon arrival for work and follow all health and safety guidelines to prevent the spread of Covid-19 including: following all pertinent guide lines provided by CDC, County Health department, and the State.
Lunch and Snack:
• Children are asked to bring a water bottle from home each and every day. The water is to be clearly labeled with child’s name. All communal water fountains are not to be used.
• Your child is to bring their lunch daily. Lunch is to be packed in disposable paper or zip-lock bag
• At this time no heat-up lunches will be permitted.
Local, State, and Federal safety protocols for extensive disinfecting procedure of facility and curriculum materials will be strictly followed at all times. Routine cleaning and disinfecting will be done throughout the course of the day and each and every night. Overall disinfecting includes, but is not limited to:
• Tables, chairs, doorknobs, light switches, and other high-touch areas throughout the class room.
• Door Handles, sink basin and edges, sink faucet & handles, soap & sanitizer dispensers, toilet flush lever, toilet seat lid, all paper towel holders.
• All Toys that have placed on the “used toy” cart will be cleaned at the end of each and every day.
Handwashing Protocols and Procedures
All children and staff will be directed to wash their hands frequently, throughout the course of each and every day at the following times:
• Children should wash their hands before arriving at the facility
• At arrival to childcare facility
• Prior to transitioning to a new activity area
• Before and after eating
• Before and after handling any food
• After handling trash and garbage
• After using the bathroom
• After Coughing or Sneezing
• After using tissue for blowing nose
• After touching face (we have been instructed by licensing to remind children to try not to touch their faces if at all possible)
Reminders will be given to wash hands for at least 20 seconds.
We will be observing social distancing at work to the best of our ability.
Staff is expected to maintain social distancing and all safety guidelines while off work, as well.
Staff will be required to stay if they have any symptoms.
We require sick children and staff to stay at home
• Please keep children at home if they are sick
• We have established procedures to ensure that children and staff who come to the facility sick or become sick while here are sent home as soon as possible.
• Sick children and staff will be kept separate from well children and staff until they can be sent home.
• Sick staff members will not be allowed to return to work until they have met the criteria to discontinue home isolation.
Emergency Plan of Action if child is or becomes sick:
• Sick children will be immediately isolated from the rest of the children and staff.
• The child will be removed to an adult supervised designated “Isolation Area” away from the other children and staff.
• Designated “Isolation Bathroom” will be made available for those who are ill while they wait to be picked up by parents.
• We strictly adhere to CDC guidelines on how to disinfect the facility if someone becomes sick.
• If a sick child has been isolated in the facility we will do a deep clean and disinfection of all surfaces in the isolation room after the sick child has gone home.
• Children or staff that have been sent home due to signs or illness may not return until after two days of no signs of sickness or a doctors release.
If Covid-19 is confirmed in a child or staff member:
• Close off area that was used by the person who is sick.
• Open outside doors and windows to increase air circulation in the area.
• Wait up to 24 hours or as long as possible before we clean and disinfect to allow respiratory droplets to settle before cleaning and disinfecting.
• We will then clean and disinfect all areas used by the person who is sick, such as offices, bathrooms, and common areas.
• If more than 7 days have passed since the person who is sick visited or used the facility, additional deep cleaning will not be required.
• Routine cleaning and disinfection will resume.
All families will be updated by email as new information, guidelines, or health department directives become available.
If your child shows signs of illness or has encountered someone who shows signs of illness please notify us immediately and keep them home for 48 hours as a precaution.